How to avoid moving scams when moving within Florida
Get a Free Estimate For Your Move
"*" indicates required fields
Relocation is hard enough without additional stressful situations such as moving scams. Summer is the perfect time for relocations. The high demand for moving companies leaves room for scammers to operate. The last thing you want is to become a victim of scammers. There are a few pointers that can show you how to avoid scams when moving within Florida. Always pick a reliable mover like Residential movers Clearwater FL to avoid complications.
Make sure you choose reputable movers in Florida
It’s not always easy to figure out which company is reliable and legit. They all have websites and ads promising safe relocation with no additional costs. But before they deliver your household items, they ask for more money. Then, how to be sure you picked the right movers? You need to learn which signs indicate fraud. You can always rely on the moving company St Petersburg FL, a reliable and professional company.
- A respectable company will have all the needed info displayed on its website. Everything is transparent from phone numbers and addresses to the prices of their services.
- Inform yourself about your Rights and Responsibilities and ask your movers to give you a booklet and brochure.
- Inspect the company’s accreditation and licenses. For instance, being a member of the American Moving and Storage Association is a good sign. You should be able to find license and insurance-related info.
- Check how long the company exists and find the recommendations. Compare your candidates with reliable movers such as moving companies Lakewood Ranch FL. Then you’ll be sure that you picked the right one.
- Reputable movers usually have their vehicles and uniformed crew. It could be a sign of a fly-by-night company with no proper documentation.
What to pay attention to when hiring movers in Florida?
Learn how to avoid moving scams when moving within Florida. You just need to know what to look for when browsing for movers. Make sure you don’t sign any blank or incomplete documents. The contract must be clear and coherent. Try not to be misled by low bids, usually, it’s a cheap trick. Reputable movers mostly ask for about 20% of the estimated upfront. Large deposits are most often a sign of fraud, too. Don’t forget to check the reviews of their previous customers. Check your potential movers online, on reliable websites like Google. When you pick three potential movers, always insist on in-person estimates. Moving companies Seminole FL fulfill all stated conditions.
Once you agree get everything in writing
This might be the crucial step in preventing the scams. A written document is legally binding for both sides. They are more significant than oral agreements. All obligations and details are listed and signed by both sides. So this can help you avoid moving scams when moving within Florida. However, if you are already scammed, you can find help online and learn how to get your money back. And don’t forget to write a review and rate your movers. Help others to avoid moving scams.