How to settle in after moving to St Petersburg, FL
Get a Free Estimate For Your Move
"*" indicates required fields
Transitions are generally not easy. And by this, we do not only mean packing up your entire life in moving boxes, having your moving company St Petersburg FL ship them to your new home in St Petersburg, and finding a way to get through the moving day. No. Moving takes a huge adjustment. Once you find yourself in the midst of the unknown, you realize that the real trouble comes after. So, here are some of our best tips on how to settle in after moving to St Petersburg, FL.
Settle in by eliminating the “new-house feeling” after moving to St Petersburg
Here, at Big Man’s Moving Company Florida, we believe it all starts from the place where you will be spending most of your time. Making a new living space feel a little less foreign is a challenge on its own. Unfortunately, it takes a bit more time and patience than just simply furnishing your new room with the old stuff. So, what can you do?
- Repair and renovation. What a better way to make the place feel more homely than making sure everything’s functioning inside of it? After scheduling repairs, transferring the utilities, and getting the place up and running, think about making it your own. For instance, freshen up your living space by repainting the walls. Decide on your favorite color scheme to set the tone as you start to settle in after moving to your new home in St Petersburg.
- Make it cozy and inviting. Clean everything, connect electronic devices and kitchen appliances, pull out your most comfy sheets, fill your shelves with books, plug in a few lamps to set the mood.
- Spend some quality time there. For example, lazy Sundays in bed, making a homecooked meal, hanging out on the front porch, etc.
Explore beyond the four walls of your home
Next comes everything beyond the yard fence. Begin by forming new acquaintances to quickly adjust after relocating to St Petersburg. Take the initiative of meeting the people in your neighborhood, at work, in hobby groups or clubs, through community service, or local organizations. Next, familiarize yourself with your surroundings. So, locate your new favorite local cafés and important stores in your area, explore transportation options, the best and fastest routes to work, etc.
Scope out the map of the city and start having fun
If you’re in need of long-distance movers Florida, that most probably means that you are not yet all too well familiar with your new city. Therefore, once you get comfortable in your surroundings after transitioning to the city of St Petersburg, it’s time to explore it. Luckily for you, this city offers a lot to its residents.
Ideas for things to do and places to visit
- Pay a visit to The State Hermitage Museum and the State Russian Museum.
- Join one of the St Petersburg local tours to admire various churches and cathedrals. There’s, for instance, the St.Isaac’s cathedral, The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Kazan Cathedral, the Trinity cathedral, etc.
- Cruise down the Fontanka, Moika, Neva river or the Griboedov canal.
- Organize a day trip to Peterhof and Tsarskoe Selo.
- Also, spend a day enjoying various fun activities with your kids in Sunken Gardens or on St Pete Beach.
Giving yourself time is crucial when trying to settle in after moving to St Petersburg, FL
Of course, it’ll take some time before you fully settle in after moving to St Petersburg. However, with a positive mindset, your own timeline, and our tips, we hope you will be able to speed up the process. Good luck!