Long distance moving checklist: 2020 edition
Get a Free Estimate For Your Move
Moving is easy, right? All you need to do is find a home that you like and move your things. That’s it, right? Well, as you are going to see moving, especially long-distance, requires more than that. It will take a lot of planning, organization, and hard work. However, don’t fret long distance movers Florida are here to help! We’ve created for you the ultimate long-distance moving checklist. Everything you are ever going to need for your next move. From the most basic of things to the minute details that only the pros know. It is our hope that with the use of this checklist you’ll be able to achieve the move of your dreams. So, if that sounds like something you want to do, let’s get started.
Long-distance moving checklist: before moving
We want you to have a stress-free move. In order for you to have that you need to set up a solid foundation. If you don’t have the proper groundwork in place, everything else you do will be in vain. A good house is built on solid soil. Not crooked ones. So, with that in mind, here are a few things you must do before the moving day rolls around the corner.
- Declutter. One of the most important things when moving long-distance is to make sure you only pack the bare essentials. We recommend using something like the KonMari method for packing your belongings. Trust us, the fewer items you need to pack the better. And if nothing else, it’s cheaper in the long run. Given the fact that most moving companies charge you by the weight of your belongings.
- Hire a moving company. We always recommend that you get moving help in Clearwater, or anywhere else for that matter. Given the fact that hiring a moving company is a surefire way to make sure your move proceeds without any hiccups. Not only do these movers have the proper tools for the job, but they also have the knowledge to back it up. So, if a stress-free move is what you are looking for then make sure to invest some time in finding a reputable moving company.
- Check utilities. Just before you move to your new home, we recommend that you make sure that all the bills for the utilities are paid for. And not only that, but we also suggest that you make sure to familiarize yourself with all the water and electrical outposts in case of emergencies.
During the move
Now that you have set the right foundation for your house it’s time to build upon it. Once the moving day comes around the corner, make sure to:
- Clear pathways. Right after you wake up, we suggest that you make sure that all the main pathways your interstate movers Florida are going to be using are cleared. In other words, you don’t want anything obstructing their walkway once they start relocating your fragile belongings. The last thing you need is somebody tripping in a pet toy and destroying your precious family heirloom.
- Talk with your movers. Don’t forget, movers are people too. If you have a specific idea of how you want the move to go, don’t be afraid to communicate that to them. They will listen and do everything in their power to make that a reality. So, don’t be afraid to ask them to do a few things a certain way. They are there for you. Not the other way around.
- Relocate to your new location. Your belongings are not the only thing that needs to relocate to your new home. So, after you’ve waved goodbye to your movers, it’s time you start moving too.
Long-distance moving checklist: after the move
After you’ve successfully moved there are a couple of things we recommend that you do.
- Finalize the paperwork with the moving company.
- Unpack your belongings. If unsure where to start, make sure to check out these expert unpacking tips for all your unpacking needs.
- Clean your new home.
Last, but not least make sure to plan your relocation party. So, call your friends and neighbors. It’s time to celebrate new beginnings. May they be happy!