Moving day meals ideas
Get a Free Estimate For Your Move
"*" indicates required fields
Moving day is always stressful. You need to pay attention to so many things and details and sometimes you will just have enough. Fortunately, there are some ways to cope with stress during your move. A good walk in the park is a nice option or a quick power nap. However, nothing is more helpful than a good moving day meals ideas! We have prepared a short guide that will help you decide what to eat on your moving day! So, without any further ado, let us begin!
Some of the best moving day meals ideas
There is no such thing as the best meal, but there is something like an awesome meal! Before you learn how to pack your home in one day, you should fill your stomach. Here are some ideas we find really nice:
- Nothing beats good old barbecue. You will need a lot of energy for your upcoming move. Getting a really good old burger from your favorite place before you move out might be the best idea you can get. No need to worry about what not to wear on your moving day; eat some good barbecue and worry about everything later!
- Pizza or Italian food is always awesome. If you are not a big fan of meat or burgers, you can always get some pizza or pasta. Once again, visit your favorite place before you move out and make it count. Pizza is actually amazing before the move – it is light, but it packs a lot of energy and you will need that. Pasta is also always a good option, but do not stuff to much on it – you will find that working on a full stomach is quite hard.
Other good ideas
- Home-cooked meals. This might be redundant, but home-cooked meals are something best in the world. You know that your stove has served you for quite some time now – make it count today as well! Prepare something that packs a lot of energy but that is not really hard on your stomach. A nice one-pot-wonder might do the trick. You might even save some for your movers!
- A sandwich. You can also choose to keep it simple. A good sandwich is really amazing, especially if you need to prepare your children for moving. We highly recommend making them a club sandwich with a side of fries and your kids will be happy for the upcoming move.
Some really good moving day meals ideas
If you are moving with children or your family, you can make some really good decisions. Here are only some of them:
- Go to a restaurant. A perfect meal for a perfect move, right? If you are a social/family person, going to a restaurant might be the best option for you. You can either visit your favorite restaurant in the area or opt to try something new entirely. Both options work just fine for the purpose of making yourself happy before your move.
- Organize a family cookout. The last cookout at your old place? Where do we sign up!? Jokes aside, this might be one of the best moving day meal ideas ever. Not only will you get to eat good quality food, but you will also spend some time with your friends and family before the move. How cool is that? Definitely think about this one, we assure you it is worth it! You will even have a chance to showcase your new Blackstone Professional Grade Grill Griddle. Life really is good sometimes!
Moving day meals ideas for picky eaters
There is a chance that you are a picky eater, and that is totally fine with us. If you are not interested in anything we had to offer so far, you can always do the following:
- Find a place that serves your favorite food. Chances are slim that you do not know of this already, but it is really a good idea. You should try to make a cookout or visit your favorite place. Who knows where else you might feel as good as there. This goes for picky eaters especially – make the most out of your favorite place. It might take weeks to find a good one in your new location. Make everything count!
- Prepare your own food or prepare something for the road. Most picky eaters will choose one of these options or even both. We understand how it is like when you cannot eat simply anything you get served. A good option might be to pack something to have along the way. Most people do not worry about this, but you cannot eat anything, right? It is always a good option to make something you enjoy eating and bringing it with you. The more the merrier!
- Find a really good recipe and cook it. This is an option as well. Even though you are a picky eater, you can always experience something new with the same ingredients. You can cook an egg in more than ten different ways and not to mention how many ways there are for combining it with something. Try something out of your comfort zone – you might like it!
Keep in mind
In the end, it is your choice when it comes to moving day meals ideas. The most important thing is that you enjoy your move and that you are not hungry. Check out anything that might be of any interest to you and go for it. Once again, feel free to step out of your comfort zone. You might end up regretting it, that is true, but you might end up wanting to stay just for that type of food in the area. We never know until we try it out.
Having various moving day meals ideas is really a nice change from the stressful environment of your moving day. Remember, this might be your last chance to fully relax before hard work and moving problems, so make the most out of it. We hope that you found this guide useful and that you will refer to it whenever you are hungry before your move!