Tips to avoid hiring a fraudulent mover. – 1/27/2017
Get a Free Estimate For Your Move
"*" indicates required fields
Happy Friday everyone! I received a phone call from a very nice lady I spoke to a couple of weeks ago. She passed on my estimate because she went with the lowest bidder. She called me in a state of shock, telling me her mover no-showed her and never called her back. If the answer to any of these tips/questions is a no or unknown…. RUN AWAY.
1. Does the moving company have a DOT and IM number?
2. Will the moving company send you proof of their general liability insurance and cargo insurance?
3. Does the moving company have real pictures on their website or Yelp/Facebook showcasing their work?
4. Does this mover own their own company branded truck?
5. Can you find past customer reviews on the mover’s Google/Yelp pages?
6. Does the mover require a credit card deposit to reserve your move?