What packing and moving supplies should you use?
Get a Free Estimate For Your Move
"*" indicates required fields
When it comes to packing and moving supplies, there are some rules you should follow. For example, you should not pack your prized possessions in bad moving boxes, etc. There are some tips and tricks on how to choose the correct packing and moving supplies. So, without any further ado, let us begin with our guide!
Choosing the best packing and moving supplies
The choice is simple – you want the best for your move. Thus, you need to know which supplies to use. Believe us, it is easy and you will get the hang of it. However, there are some things you should keep in mind. For example:
- Correct material for packing supplies. A lot of people do not think about the perfect material for their packing supplies. For example, you need to keep in mind the type of goods you wish to transport. You cannot pack breakable items into hard wooden packing boxes without properly securing them first. Thus, you should acquire adequate packing layering in case you need it. Glass objects and something that can break easily needs an extra layer of protection. Remember that.
- Plastic and other materials. Plastic is generally hard, but it can rarely damage your inventory. We advise using plastic packing and moving supplies if you can acquire some. For example, the moving box will be hard, but the items will be safe inside. The key is to fasten them enough and not allow them any movement. This is especially true during transport – a lot of your items can be damaged or broken if you do not secure them good.
- Ask for help. In case you need help, you can always ask a professional moving company. Asking about something is much easier than learning how to pack your kitchen before the move, for example. Professional movers can help you with anything, just ask!
Depending on the type of move, you might need more supplies than you previously anticipated. You will be surprised how much will you need actually! An average room requires at least ten boxes of various shapes and sizes for a proper move. Moreover, you do not want to overburden your moving boxes. Many people make this mistake and the box can easily break during transport. This is the last thing you want during your move! Always make sure to have the right amount of supplies at any given time! Organize well and learn what not to wear on your moving day. Even bad clothing can ruin your move!
Another thing you should have in mind is a good organization. Both organization and communication are the keys to proper packing and moving. You should create your own ultimate packing checklist and stick to it. That way, your move will go much smoother than you expected. Also, make sure to include appropriate supplies for packing and moving while you are at it.
A perfect packing and moving supplies checklist
So, since the organization is important, as we already mentioned, you need to have a good checklist as well. An example of a good checklist can be found below:
- Get enough supplies. We cannot stress out how important this part is. If you lack packing and moving supplies, you will not be able to complete your move in a manner you would want to. Moreover, you will have trouble with the transport, relocation and almost everything that goes along with moving. Try to avoid this if you can. We would advise planning with your moving company before you do anything on your own. They are moving professionals and they can help you a lot.
- Packing order. The order of packing is also very important. You should pack your small items, then your medium items and then all your big items. Why start with small ones? Well, it is easy to lose small items or small parts during your move. Moreover, you can misplace them and then your inventory will not be complete. You should avoid this at any cost. Thus, make a good plan for packing. Trust us, it will save you a lot of trouble!
- Secure everything. We cannot stress out how important securing everything is. You can’t simply put your items into the boxes and think you are done with it. No, you need to make sure they don’t get damaged during transport. Secure layering and bubble wrap is the key to this. Always focus on the safety of your items. With this, your checklist is complete, however, you can add more things you think are important. It is your move, you know the best.
Keep this in mind
You should always contact your moving company in case you need any help related to the topic. The professional movers are professionals, after all. They have been doing this job for years and years and they know their line of work down to every little detail. You should always ask them for help. Why? For two reasons:
- Better job. They will do a much better job than you, that is certain. Packing and moving supplies are troublesome on their own. Not everyone knows a lot about them except professional movers. They will do a much better job than you could possibly do. It is their job after all. Thus, if you do not mind paying a bit extra for the security of your items, we highly recommend doing this.
- It is easy. Moving will take a lot of your time and it will stress you out. However, it is easy to hire a moving company to do it for you. You have probably done a lot already and you might feel tired and not willing to work anymore. Moreover, if you are tired you might not do a good job. This is why we need professional movers. They can do anything for us. Check FMCSA or something similar if you are concerned with the safety of your items.
When packing and moving supplies are concerned, we need to take good care in order for everything to turn out fine in the end. Moreover, we need to think about a lot of things – from materials to eventual transport. Luckily, some moving companies can help us with that and we can enjoy our well-deserved rest. We hope you found this guide useful! Good luck!